New England Electropolishing
Electropolisher Position Summary
Electropolishers deliver electropolishing and passivation services in accordance with work instructions to ensure a quality product is produced efficiently. Other duties will include in-process inspection, pre-cleaning parts, racking/unracking parts, rinsing parts on production line, trafficking parts between departments. This is a production position in an Electropolishing Job Shop.
Electropolisher must be extremely reliable, willing to accept regular overtime, and willing to work as a member of a team. New England Electropolishing is a fast-paced Electropolishing Job Shop. The position currently reports to the First Shift Production Supervisor.
Electropolisher Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Follows documented procedure for generating assigned production work daily
- Ensures electropolishing and passivation processes (quality, safety) are adhered to and not compromised.
- Identifies non-conforming product based on visual and/or dimensional inspection criteria
- Swiftly communicates quality and quantity issues to supervisors and/or co-workers
- Manually pre-cleans parts
- Documents in-process inspection results
- Monitors and take appropriate timely improvement action to meet quality and quantity expectations
- Monitors equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order. Recommends maintenance and repair if required.
- Transports in-process work between departments.
- Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards as required by law and company policy.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend written job instructions (in English) required.
- Must be able to accurately document processing notes
- Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and co-workers in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. regularly, safely, without assistance or difficulty
- Ability to climb stairs, reach and twist as needed
- Ability to use hand carts to move material and pull fully loaded pallet jacks
- Ability to remain on feet continuously throughout the work day
- Ability to use micrometer, microscope, gages, and other QC Tools preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience in electropolishing, plating, metal finishing strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Electropolisher Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the electropolisher is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Electropolisher Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electric shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.