quality inspectorWith Advanced Inspection Skills
Under moderate supervision, this position will inspect, clean and package finished goods.
Inspect processed components and verify the quality and quantity of finished goods. This position has final responsibility for cleanliness, adherence to customer specification (visual and dimensional), packaging, and quantity verification of finished items. Candidate must have previous experience with micrometer to generate dimensional readings.
Quality Inspector must be extremely reliable, willing to accept regular overtime, and willing to work as a member of a team. Individual must have a keen attention to detail and quality. This is a position in a fast-paced Electropolishing Job Shop. The position reports to the Inspection/Packaging Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Inspects finished goods for conformance to requirements defined in work instructions, inspection plans, Quality Assurance procedures and/or other documents.
- Identifies non-conforming product based on visual inspection criteria
- Includes visually inspecting product under microscope
- Identifies non-conforming product based on dimensional inspection criteria
- Maintains and records accurate counts of inspected parts, including non-conforming parts
- Calculates material removal using digital micrometer
- Documents inspection results
- Cleans finished items
- Swiftly communicates quality, quantity, packaging issues to supervisors and/or co-workers
- Packages finished items in accordance with customer specifications
- Demonstrates flexibility with work schedule. Overtime is a consistent requirement of the position.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written inspection criteria (in English) required
- Ability to maintain and record accurate counts of inspected items
- High energy level required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and co-workers in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to remain on feet continuously throughout the workday
- Ability to use micrometer to generate accurate readings
- Ability to calculate material removal and evaluate dimensional acceptance of finished goods
- Ability to use microscope, gages, and other QC Tools
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings preferred
- High School diploma or GED strongly preferred
- Previous experience in an inspection department strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; use rotating forearm and wrist movements; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision (must be able to see green), peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires a minimum of 20:20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electric shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.